Richard J. de Asla, MD – Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with subspecialty fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Surgery. I have most recently served as the Director of the Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Division at Mass General Hospital and continue to hold a faculty appointment at Harvard Medical School.
My clinical interests include deformity and bunion corrections, trauma and sports injuries, the diabetic foot and arthritic conditions of the foot & ankle. I had the distinction of performing the first total ankle replacement at Mass General in 2010. My research interest include kinematics and biomechanics of the foot & ankle and I have been extensively published in the field of foot & ankle surgery.
My personal interests include travel, running, cycling, music and photography.
- University of Rochester – BS 1991
- State University of New York at Buffalo – MD 1995
- Residency – University Hospitals of Cleveland 2001
- Fellowship – Hospital for Special Surgery NY, NY 2002
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeons